We take the privacy of our customers data and information very seriously. We ask that you read this Privacy and GDPR Policy (‘the Policy’) carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your personal data.
The following data privacy notice explains the circumstances in which Any Car Group will collect personal data from you, why it is being collected, how we will use it and to whom we might disclose it to if necessary.
Any Car Group consists of Any Car Online, Any Car 4U and Car Lease and Go and are trading styles of Any Car Group Limited. We are licensed by the FCA to carry out credit broking. Any Car Group is a credit broker and not a lender. Our registered address is Any Car Group Limited, Grosvenor Building, 2 Cuppin Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2BN. Our Financial Conduct Authority firm reference number is 674743. You can verify our status on the financial services register by visiting the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk/register/ or by contacting the FCA contact centre on 0300 500 8082. We are members of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA).
- Service: Service is any website operated by Any Car Group.
- Personal Data – Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data – Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies – Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller – Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed. We are a Data Controller of your Personal Data.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) – Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) – Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data
The Data Controller
Any Car Group is committed to complying with the UK’s Data Protection law and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the protection of personal data, as well as the principles of data security being applied to how our services are applied. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please contact us in writing:
Data Protection Officer, Any Car Group Limited, Grosvenor Building, 2 Cuppin Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2BN
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
Any Car Group may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Request for Personal Data
When making an enquiry or obtaining a quotation, information, or applying for leasing or rental with Any Car Group, we will collect, store and use elements of your personal data. The processing of this personal data is a contractual requirement and is necessary by Any Car Group in order to administer your request/application and so that we can provide the products and services you have requested from us.
When you approach Any Car Group to engage in our brokerage services, we will ask your consent to collect and process your personal data. Failure to provide this consent and/or personal data may mean we will be unable to assist you and provide the information you require.
What Information will we Collect and Store
When engaging the services of Any Car Group, you will eventually need to disclose to us the following information, but not limited to:
- Personal Information – your name, gender and date of birth
- Contact Information – your address, phone numbers, email address, business name
- Employment details – your current and previous employer and income details
- Financial Information – your bank account number, sort code, bank transactions, your financial status, your description of your credit history
- Identification and Evidence of Address – copies of your driving licence and document(s) to confirm your address (residence).
We will also monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other electronic communications with you for training purposes so that we can check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service.
Any personal data we collect from you will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies – We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies – We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies – We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Any Car Group uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
The nature and content of the information collected via cookies differs, as does the period for which this information is retained. In line with our data protection obligations, we will ensure that this retention period is not excessive, and that the data is only retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
The data listed above is only analysed for statistical purposes and for improving our internet presence, then it is deleted. We will not attempt to personally identify you from your IP address unless required to as a matter of law or regulation or in order to protect our, or our other customers’ rights.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Direct Marketing Communications
If you have chosen to opt-in to our direct marketing communications, we will use your information to inform you about relevant products and services available through us which may be of interest to you. We may also use your information to inform you about products and services which we can introduce from selected businesses.
You have a right to opt-out of our direct marketing communications at any time. You can opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Websites of other Third Party Providers of Products and Services
Please note that this data privacy notice only applies to Any Car Group websites and any business relationship directly through Any Car Group. We are not responsible for and have no control over any information that is submitted to or collected by third parties, such as those where our website may provide links and banner advertisements to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, you are responsible for reviewing and abiding by the privacy policies of these third-party sites to ensure they comply with the applicable data protection regulations.
Retention of Data
Transfer of Data
Any Car Group takes the control of your privacy seriously and the information we hold about you is confidential. We will only disclose it outside of Any Car Group in the following circumstances:
- you have given us your consent to do so
- it is necessary for the arrangement of the product or service of which you will have been made aware
- in order to obtain the services of professional bodies (e.g. debt collection)
- we or others need to investigate or prevent crime (e.g. to fraud prevention agencies)
- the law permits or requires it
- regulatory or governmental body requests or requires it, even without your consent
- there is a duty to the public to reveal the information
To administer your contract, we may need to share some of your personal information with other data controllers for the purposes of delivering specific products and services to you. You agree that we can share or use your personal data with any of our appointed agents or suppliers to allow us to provide you services and products you have asked us to provide you under this agreement, such as to obtain vehicle leasing finance or rental, facilitate delivery of your vehicle, or arrange any other product or services related to your new vehicle, or notify you of a vehicle safety recall.
Data controllers which we may share this information with may include:
- Credit reference agencies (to propose you for vehicle finance)
- The finance provider (to generate the finance agreement)
- The supplying dealer group (to order and deliver the vehicle)
- Claims handling and fraud prevention agencies (to investigate or prevent crime)
- Insurance companies (to administer insurance agreements such as GAP insurance)
Any Car Group may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To comply with a County or High Court action
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Any Car Group
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
In considering your application, most, although not all the contracts we provide, will require a credit search through one or more credit reference agencies. The relevant funder conducting the search will add to your record details of the search and your application and this will be seen by other organisations that make similar searches. In most instances, additional credit checks will be needed if multiple application are needed through different funders. Information held about you by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to records relating to other people with whom you have a financial association. In connection with your application you may be treated as financially linked with them and assessed with reference to any such associated records. Searches may also be made in respect of directors and partners of firms applying for credit. If you have told us of some other financial association with another person, or a director of a firm which is applying for a facility you are declaring that you are entitled to:
a) disclose information about your fellow directors and anyone else referred to by you.
b) authorise us to search, link or record information at credit reference agencies about you and anyone else referred to by you.
Credit reference agencies will apply a credit scoring system to your profile. This may be partly relevant when assessing your application. They will also add to your record details of your agreement with us, in particular, the payments you make under any contract and any default or failure to maintain payments or keep to its terms and any change of address you fail to tell us about where a repayment is overdue. These records will be shared with other organisations and will be used by us and them to help make decisions about credit and credit related services such as insurance for you and members of your household, trace debtors, recover debt and to manage your accounts. We and the credit reference agencies will also use the records for statistical analysis about credit.
We currently safeguard personal data by storing it on secure industry software and use secure formats for emailing and completion of documents. Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard such personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet and email is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
If at any time we become aware that your data has been compromised, or that a breach of our systems and controls has occurred, which has an impact on the security of your data, we will notify the Information Commissioner’s Office, and you, without undue delay.
Subject Access Requests
You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This is also known as a ‘Subject Access Request’. This information is provided to you free of charge however, we can refuse to respond or charge a ‘reasonable fee’ of £10 inc. VAT when a request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive.
We will provide this information in a structured, commonly used format and machine-readable form. This allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
If you would like to submit a Subject Access Request, please contact our Data Protection Officer in writing to: Data Protection Officer, Any Car Group Limited, Grosvenor Building, 2 Cuppin Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 2BN
We will response to your request without delay and at the latest, within one month of receipt of your request.
Rectifying or Updating Personal Data
If you believe the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to rectification. You can let us know about any changes to. Where possible, we will also inform any third parties to whom we have disclosed the personal data so they can rectify their records.
We will typically respond and implement your request for amendments or additional information within one week.
Your Data Protection Rights under GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Any Car Group aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification – You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object – You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent – You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Any Car Group relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Please note, by withdrawing consent, Any Car Group may be unable to execute the contract that you have entered in to with us and will result in termination of our services. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
By email: email@example.com